Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Industry : Season One, Episode 4. Connecting The Dots

   It's been another week in Los Angeles, and at L.A. Hospital, Keith is in a private room, with his Father Sayyid by his side, as he is recovering from the liver transplant he received a few days earlier, and he awakes  as he sees his Father and asks him "Have you been here the entire time?" Sayyid responds "I haven't left Son. I've planted myself right here and watching that Pedro guy." Keith looks at his Father and asks him "I thought you said if he saved my life, then you'd ignore your order to kill him?" Sayyid looks at Keith and tells his Son "I have been watching him. He's a bit shady. Only one thing will make me go for blood, when it comes to that son of a bitch." Olivia meanwhile walks inside and looks at Keith's charts and tells him "Your new liver is accepting your body, and I think you may be able to go home today." Keith quips "Finally!" Sayyid looks at Olivia and asks "Did you operate on my Son, or Pedro?" Olivia, remembering what Sayyid told her in the OR waiting room (Flashback: Sayyid: If Keith dies at the hands of Pedro, he dies by my hands.), Olivia tells him "Both of us did the operation. Sometimes Hepatitis shows characteristics of cancer symptoms, which I would like for you to get treatment for Keith. That way we can get you back on your comeback trail. I am so ready for you to leave." Keith looks at Olivia and says "You're funny." Olivia tells Keith "You will have some blood tests done, and take antiviral medications, to make sure we keep it under control. And I can have a break!" Keith asks Olivia "Who was the donor?" Olivia laughs "The nun. Your new liver is like brand new!" Keith tells Olivia "Bring me my discharge papers!" Olivia laughs, as she glad that Keith's well, "Gladly." Olivia walks out and Sayyid asks Keith "Do you need help getting ready? Need me to help you gather your things?" Keith tells his Father "I can take care of things on my own Father." Sayyid smiles, as he walks out of Keith's room, and pats his pocket, as he goes to Pedro's office.
  At a Television Studio in Downtown Los Angeles, Clarence walks around the set, as Nick, Brittany, and Cassandra, and a few other singers arrive and Clarence tells them "It will be all of you that will be a part of The Next Icon. Our new judge is supposed to be here, but he hasn't arrived." Eve arrives meanwhile, as she tells Clarence "J.B. wrote this." Eve hands Clarence the letter, and he reads it and shakes his head and asks Eve "Just what in the hell is he thinking? He really did lose his damn mind!" Eve tells Clarence "I can't say anything else about it. He swore me to secrecy." Clarence looks at Eve and says with disgust in his tone "He would be a huge boost if he showed his ass up here at the studio." Molly meanwhile arrives and brings the latest edition of "The Exposer", Aretha Evans tabloid magazine, based out of Adam's Landing, and tells Clarence "It looks like Allan James is alive. How about him?" Eve is quiet, and she tells Molly "No No. Not him. J.B.!" Molly looks at Eve and tells her "Allan hasn't made a public appearance yet, and he could use the work." Clarence tells Molly "Call him!" Molly smiles and says "He is staying at The Hills Hotel, up a floor from me. I'll ask him." Eve paces the floor and screams at Clarence and Molly "Damnit I am telling you to hire J.B. Brown! If you don't hire him, then my ass is out of here!" Clarence looks at Eve and walks over and whispers "I am visiting Keith later." Eve snaps "Then do what the hell you want. Get the damn show started." Clarence tells everyone "Since Keith's recovering, and our new judge hasn't made his appearance yet, I will fill in for Keith." Clarence texts Jermaine, and tells him "Stand by, you may get your chance to be a judge."
  Meanwhile at J.B. Brown's Estate, outside of Los Angeles, in the heart of wine country, Nathan stands in the living room of J.B.'s main residence, as his servant tells him "J.B. is preparing himself." Nathan is quiet and Nathan's phone rings, and it's his Mother, and he ignores her call and says to himself "You made your choice, now my turn." The servant walks back into the living room and tells Nathan "J.B. is on his way." A man wearing a dark veil over his face, his hands covered, and dark sunglasses walks into the living room and he says "Nathan. Did you get the tape I gave Eve to give you?" Nathan nods, and J.B. tells Nathan "Do not tell anyone you know where I live. I mean it. Feldman wants to kill me. I know it." Nathan tells J.B. "That bastard isn't even my Father. Allan James is my Father. Mom is an idiot for staying with him." J.B responds "He is evil. Pure evil." Nathan observes J.B.'s clothing and asks him "Why don't you take off the get up and show me your face?" J.B. turns his head and tells Nathan "I can't Nathan. I can't do that. Accept it and deal with it." Nathan is a bit nervous and curious and tells J.B. "You have nothing to fear with me J.B. I hate Clint as much as most legends in this business does. But why are you keeping yourself covered?" J.B looks at Nathan and says "I don't want to talk about it. I haven't shown my face to anyone in 10 years." Nathan asks him "What are you hiding?" J.B. starts to cry, and takes off a glove, and his hand is snow white, with brown spots on it. Nathan looks and asks J.B. "Do you have vitiligo?" J.B responds "Universal. I started to get it after I signed with Nationwide Records. I fell off of a stage at a show, while doing my first solo tour, and afterwards, I noticed this white patch on my arm, and over the years, it grew worse and worse. I am now almost completely white, and..." J.B.'s voice trembles and he sits down and Nathan asks him "Is this why you went into hiding?" J.B. responds "Part of it. Feldman wants my copyrights and he told me if I leave, then I have to give him my songs. I wrote them. I played the instruments and produced them. They belong to me, and my three brothers and that snake won't touch them if I have anything to do with it." Nathan asks J.B., changing the subject "So are you scared to show your fans what you look like?" J.B. calmly tells Nathan, with his hands trembling "If I went out on stage, or TV, then my career is done. I did what I wanted to do, and I want to make one last album and leave the business. And since you are a good kid.."Nathan corrects him "I'm not a kid." J.B. tells him "You're smart and I want to help you beat Feldman at his game, so I am going to back you and this will be my final album, and then I plan to leave everything to you, and you'll be set for the rest of your life." Nathan is stunned and responds "You don't have to do that J.B.. I mean you earned what you have and.." J.B. grabs Nathan's hand and tells him "When I make a decision, I stick to it. Start picking a name for your label and Eve will visit you soon." Nathan leaves and J.B walks to his bedroom, where he takes off his sunglasses, and veil, and his wave cap, and looks at himself in the mirror and says with   tears in his eyes "I can't do this." as he looks at his face, which is completely white, due to vitiligo.
   At Clint's office at Nationwide Records Group, Clint sits at his desk, as he plays Latoya's recordings and says to himself "I have another winner." Clint makes a phone call to Tyrone and asks "Have you arrived at your destination?" Tyrone tells Clint "I have. I will be taking care of business very soon Clint." Clint hangs up the phone and an Attorney walks into the room and tells Clint "Nathan James is no longer a part of Nationwide." Clint screams "What? That bum bastard left my label? He knows what happens when he breaks my rules of command!" The Attorney tells Clint "He didn't re-sign so you don't have no options." Clint points to the door and warns The Attorney "The hell I don't." The Attorney leaves and Clint reads the papers and says to himself "The bastard's smart. Owns his own music, and now he wants to play me at my own game. If he lives long enough." Clair arrives at her Husband's office, and Clint yells at his Wife "Do you want to know how worthless your Son is? He doesn't have any respect I took time out of my life to play Father to him." Clair looks down and tells him "Clint he knows who his Father is and he hasn't spoken to me at all this week." Clint nods and responds "I plan to have him killed." Clair looks at her Husband and is taken back and says in a scared tone "No Clint. No No No. Nathan is my Son." Clint looks at his Wife and tells her "He messed up and I know that freak that used to be my prize is helping him and I should have both of them killed." Clair yells "I am about fed up with this Clint! I really am. Maybe my Daddy was right about you." Clint walks over and slams his Wife against the wall and asks "Really Clair, that old cowboy was right?" Clint slaps Clair across the face and screams "What does Floyd Jackson know Clair? Huh? What does his ass know? I trained you to forget your past. Your Father, Mother, all of your family!" Clair screams "You never even let me be with my Mama when she was on her Deathbed!" Clint slaps Clair again and screams "When I married you, I made it perfectly clear you belonged to ME!" Clair looks at her Husband, as he struts back to his desk and sits down, and says to him "If you ever lay another hand on me, I will be divorcing you." Clint laughs and responds "And then you'll lose everything, and Nathan, which will happen soon anyway. Remember who I am woman!" Clair walks out and Clint sits back and makes a phone call, as Clair calls her Son, but gets no response.
    At Rich's Mansion, Allan sits inside, as Rich's servant tells Allan "That was a nice check." Allan tells the servant "That came from my Mama." The servant heads upstairs, and the door opens and Rich walks inside, with a look of disgust on his face after meeting up with Clint's "associates" in Las Vegas, and Allan asks Rich "Why the sad look? Is it because I went to visit Clint?" Rich looks at Allan and pulls out a pistol and tells him "Now you don't have a choice. You have to die Allan. I have a comeback to make." Allan pulls out the pistol his Mother gave him, and says "Gigs in Vegas and standards will make you a washed up has been, but you must know the feeling by now." Rich turns off the safety and Allan tells Rich "You know I am supposed to take you to Clint, he wanted to watch you die. Nothing makes him more happier than to see people bite the dust." Rich turns on the safety and looks at Allan and tells him "I think he wants us to kill each other, so he can get the rights to our music." Allan yells "There is no our in it Rich! My copyrights and masters are MINE! And I will get them back!" Rich tells Allan "Both of us are being set up Allan. Clint is playing both of us." Allan looks at Rich and asks him "So what do you recommend?" Rich is quiet, as Allan quips "Do you know that Nathan James is my Son? We have spent some time together recently. He also wants out from under Feldman." Rich sits down and tells Allan "There's one other artist also that wants to leave Nationwide, J.B. Brown." Allan pulls out his pistol and walks over to Rich and sternly warns him "If you want to live, then you have to do something." Rich yells "I'm not giving them up Allan!" Allan responds "Either you call your Attorney right now, and bring him here and get the paperwork done, or else you'll die. Now it's up to you." Rich is quiet and sighs "No need for an Attorney, I have the deeds and all in my safe, I'll sign over your rights and everything now. We have a witness here so this will be legal." Rich walks over to his safe, which is behind a portrait, and unlocks it and has a look of horror, as he turns around and Allan asks "Well?" Rich looks at Allan and tells him "They're not here." Allan walks over to look and turns to Rich and Rich and Allan  both respond "Clint Feldman!" The servant returns and Rich asks him "Was anyone in here besides Allan while I was gone?" The servant responds "No Mr.Carroll." Rich and Allan both stares at the servant and Rich tells Allan "This place is secured very well." The servant panics and Rich and Allan both pull out their Pistols and aim at the servant and asks him "Do you know anything?" The servant responds again "No!" Allan looks at Rich and tells him "I know a way to make him talk." Rich and Allan grabs the servant up, and they all head upstairs to Rich's balcony.
   Meanwhile back at the Television Studio, Jermaine arrives and tells Clarence "I got your text. I was trying to find Latoya." Clarence looks at Jermaine and asks him "So how is Keith?" Jermaine responds "He's getting released tonight and he won't be able to do the show." Clarence looks at Jermaine and tells him "I think you will get your wish then and be a judge." Clarence walks over to talk to the directors and Eve rolls her eyes, as she tells Jermaine "So you can judge, but can't keep up with that slut you have for a Daughter?" Jermaine warns Eve "Don't forget I know you Eve." Eve responds "Ms.Mathis to you!" Molly yells at Eve "Shut the hell up you egotistical bitch! Shit, I can't stand you to save my life!" Eve responds with a grin "Feeling is mutual hillbilly!" The Host arrives and the director tells Eve, Jermaine, and Molly to take their places. Meanwhile in the waiting area, Clarence walks inside and Nick and Brittany, both frustrated, asks Clarence "Just what in the hell is going on?" Clarence sighs and says "Eve is on an ego trip. But we're about to get started. Nick you'll be first, then Brittany, then Cassandra, and on down until we reach our last contestant. After this show, we'll cut five contestants, and the final five will be the ones we will use for the show." Nick's name is called, and he hugs Brittany, as she tells him "Best of luck." Nick takes a deep breath and walks out on stage, as Eve, Jermaine, and Molly sits in their chairs at the judge's booth. Nick sings the song "I Believe" and as Molly watches on with stars in her eyes, Jermaine is quiet, as Eve rolls her eyes and once Nick's finished, Eve is the first to give her response and she asks Nick "Is that the only damn song you know?" Nick looks at Eve and says "I know more. I know that one Keith Ross wrote about his runaway lover." Eve yells "Look, don't dare sing that one in MY presence!" Nick sings a line, and Eve jumps across the booth and slaps Nick across the face and yells "I take it your ass wants to keep singing in smoky ass bars and honky tonks!" Nick looks at Eve and quips "Must have struck a nerve with you then didn't it?" Nick walks backstage and mumbles under his breath "Bitch." Eve screams "THE BITCH!" Clarence meanwhile runs out and yells "CUT!" He grows angry and yells at Eve "Are you losing your mind Eve?" Eve responds "I am fine. I won't be disrespected by that wannabe Country Singer though!" Molly yells at Eve "I have had enough of you always cutting down Country singers bitch!" Eve snaps "I have had enough of this and I'm going the hell on!" Eve walks off the set, and Clarence yells for Eve, but she ignores him and checks her phone and sees a text from her Son, and heads off to meet him. Back at the Television Studio, Clarence tells the singers and judges "Come back tomorrow and hopefully things will run smoothly." Everyone starts to head out, and Nick shakes his head with disgust and Molly tells Nick "I love it when you sing. Want to have dinner with me?" Nick accepts and Nick and Molly heads out, as Jermaine heads to Keith's and Brittany and Cassandra and the other singers heads to their hotel rooms.
   In Downtown Los Angeles, Latoya sits at the bar, and a young man sits next to her and asks "Latoya Shane? The next superstar?" Latoya smiles and responds "I am she." The young man tells her "I have watched you sing live before when you were in Adam's Landing. That's a popular video." Latoya blushes and says to him "Well thanks for the compliment. I could use one." Latoya asks the young man "So are you here for the new talent show?" The young man responds "No. I'm here to visit my Mom. She is here in town and I thought I would surprise her." Latoya tells him "I have no family. I did everything myself to get to where I am. My family is trash." The young man looks at Latoya and tells her "I hate to hear that." Latoya sighs "Yeah, that's how it goes when you're moving up in the world." Latoya asks the young man "What's your name?" The young man responds "My name is River." Latoya goes "River?" River responds "Yes. My Mom said it was the first thing that popped in her mind when I was born." Latoya laughs and Latoya and River has a cup of coffee and River asks Latoya "Do you know where The Hills Hotel is located?" Latoya nods and asks River "Want me to show you the way there?" River nods and they head out.
   Back at L.A. Hospital, Pedro sits in his office, as there's a knock at the door and he yells "Come in." Sayyid walks inside and tells Pedro "Dr.Pedro Del Mar. You saved my Son's life." Pedro looks at Sayyid for a moment and goes "Weren't you the "King Of The Streets"?" Sayyid responds "I am Keith Ross' Father, and I also have some friends looking for you Pedro." Pedro re-corrects "Dr.Del Mar." Sayyid pulls out his pistol and tells Pedro "I don't care what you would like to be called. I have an order from Mr.Jackson." Pedro freezes. In Keith's Room, Olivia walks inside and asks Keith "Has Sayyid returned yet?" Keith, who's dressed, tells Olivia "He's been gone for awhile." Back inside Pedro's office, Sayyid puts his pistol down and tells Pedro "I don't need a pistol. I promised I wouldn't kill you, but I did promise a swinging telegram from Xavier." Pedro cowers and Sayyid walks up and starts to beat Pedro and grabs his wrists and Pedro screams "You son of a bitch!" Sayyid breaks Pedro's hands and tells him "Stay in Los Angeles, and if you want to go after me, then you will be a dead man!" Sayyid walks to the door and tells Pedro "You really are a damn coward." Pedro falls to the ground as he screams in pain. A few moments later, Sayyid returns to Keith's Room, and tells Olivia "I went to thank Pedro and now it's time for Keith to head home." Sayyid and Keith walk out, as Olivia walks to Pedro's office, and finds him on the ground, as he's been severely beaten, and Olivia asks him "Did Sayyid do this to you?" Pedro looks at Olivia and tells her, as he's in pain "Yes he did."
   At Clint's office, he makes a phone call to J.B. and doesn't get a response and he pulls out a list of names and says coldly "I think it's time to destroy him. And he can blame it on himself." He calls the paparazzi and tells them "J.B. Brown lives on an Estate outside Los Angeles, catch him when he isn't wearing his veil." Allan and Rich walks inside Clint's office, and Clint is quiet, as Rich and Allan smiles and tells Clint "We decided instead of killing each other, we'd team up and kill you." Clint pushes a button underneath his desk, as he sits silently, staring at Rich and Allan, as his bodyguards arrive, as they pull out their pistols and Clint asks Rich and Allan "Now would it be wise to go against me?" At Nathan's Recording Studio, Nathan listens to the tape J.B. gave him, and he smiles and his Mother calls once again, and Nathan doesn't respond and then there's a knock at the door, and Nathan walks up to the door, and it's J.B., who's wearing a shroud, veil, and covered from head to toe, and J.B walks inside and asks Nathan "Is anyone else here?" Nathan responds "No there isn't." J.B asks Nathan "Would you freak out if I took this off?" Nathan tells J.B. "Do it." J.B. takes off his get up and Nathan is silent as J.B. cries "I look in the mirror and I don't even know who I am anymore Nathan." Outside, a gunman stands and watches on, as he tries to aim for Nathan and a shot is fired,and J.B. jumps on top of Nathan, as both of them look at each other and says "Feldman." At The Hills Hotel, Molly takes Nick to her suite and Nick asks Molly "I thought we were having dinner?" Molly looks at Nick and takes off her clothes and responds seductively "I am going to make you the next icon. Baby I believe." Nick and Molly jumps on the bed, as they begin to have sex." Down the hall, River tells Latoya, as they've reached his suite "I think Mom is busy. Want to come inside?" Latoya accepts and they walk in the suite, and River looks at Latoya and they start to kiss. Eve meanwhile walks down the hall and says to herself  "It will be nice to have my Son out here with me right now." Eve walks up to River's Suite, and notices the door's locked, and pulls out her card. In River's room, River looks at Latoya and he undresses her and they begin to have sex. Eve opens the door and walks inside, and she screams "What in the hell do you think you're doing whore?"

Next Week on The Industry:

Eve tears into Latoya.
Clair disappears.
Rich and Allan may have another ally, concerning Clint.
 
 
 

1 comment: