Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Industry: Season One, Episode 2. Chances

   One week has passed and at The Hills Hotel, Clarence has arrived and has checked with the crew and directors to make sure everything is set for the first episode of "The Next Icon." Country Music Legend, Molly Lynne arrives first and yells to the crew "Howdy fellas." Clarence walks up to Molly and laughs "Damn they don't lie about you being the first to arrive and the last to go." Molly tells Clarence in a deep Southern Accent "I've always been on time when it comes to what most people would call work, but I would call this fun." Clarence tells Molly, as Keith and Eve hasn't arrived to the set "You know Keith Ross and Eve Mathis will also be judges on the show." Molly rolls her eyes and asks Clarence "The King of the Bedroom, and the biggest diva in the music business will be here too? I thought it would be more diverse than that?" Clarence tells Molly "I wanted the best of the best to judge these singers. All of you are well known and with the promotion I have going, this will be a huge hit on the UBC (United Broadcasting Company). They've ordered a full season." Molly asks Clarence "You really should of hired Rich to be a judge." Clarence sternly tells Molly "I won't let that bastard in this studio. He's best friends with Feldman, and signed to Nationwide, and.." Molly tells him "The only reason I'm doing this show is to boost my career. And maybe cross-over." Clarence reminds her "Just remember that this isn't about you, Eve, or Keith. It's about finding talent."
   At Clint's Mansion in Encino, Clair walks into the living room, as Clint is dressed and on the phone with Tyrone Gray, as he tells Tyrone "So you have started? Good. Tonight's the night. Don't mess up!" Clint hangs up the phone and Clair asks her Husband "So I talked to Nathan and he told me what you said. How many times do I have to remind you to treat my Son with some respect?" Clint sits back and tells his Wife "Nathan James is a loser. He looks like a bum and has some bad role models. He shouldn't take after losers like Allan James! He's also competition!" Clair gets angry and yells at Clint "You've never gave a damn about him Clint! We've been married for almost 20 years and you're the only Father he knows." Clint asks his Wife "And did you ever find the sperm donor?" Clair rolls her eyes and warns Clint "I will not keep up tolerating your hatred for my Son! So what if he starts a Record Label? He's my Son and you lay the hell off of him!" Clint snarks "I see your starting up with that damn temper again. I really hoped saving you would have changed you..." Clair snaps and yells "Changed me?" Clint gets up and walks up to his Wife and warns her "I  am your Husband Clair Feldman! You do as I say! And I demand you cut Nathan's worthless ass off!" Clair looks at Clint and slaps him in the face, and Clint turns around, and slaps Clair and warns her "Don't ever lay a hand on me again woman!" Clair runs out the door, and gets in her car and drives off, as Clint makes a phone call.
   At a Coffee Shop in Downtown Los Angeles, Nathan sits at a table listening to some of Latoya Shane's demos on his iPod. Tenny walks inside and sees Nathan sitting at the table and she orders a cup of coffee at the bar, and stares at Nathan as she says to herself "He looks like he might have some Marijuana." Tenny also reads the newspaper, where she sees the news her Grandson's "death", and she takes a deep breath, as she's run out of her Medical Marijuana and sits at Nathan's table, and asks him point blank "Are you a drug dealer?" Nathan looks at Tenny and asks her "Excuse me?" Tenny tells him "I can tell you smoke." Nathan asks "And just who are you? And why would I answer that?" Tenny asks Nathan "Are you scared I'm the Po-Po punk? Come on and help an old lady out. I am going blind." Nathan responds in a dismissive tone "Yeah, Right. I'm a Record Producer, not a Drug Dealer." Tenny sits back and asks Nathan, as she looks at a folder on the table "James?" Nathan responds "Will you leave me alone?" Tenny asks "Is that your first name, James?" Nathan asks "Why do you want to know?" Tenny quips "Stop being a smart ass and answer the damn question!" Nathan yells "My name is Nathan James! Originally Feldman! Now will you leave me alone?" Tenny asks "I take it you are a fan of Allan James?" Nathan tells her "He's my musical hero. He's a legend." Tenny smiles and tells Nathan "I am his Mother." Nathan asks "Your shitting me?" Tenny responds "He always dedicated each album to Tenny Sullivan. Here's my Driver's License." Nathan looks at it, and goes "Wow! You are Allan James' Mother! And I would be honored to smoke with you." Tenny tells Nathan "I will tell you some stories about him and we'll be best friends." Nathan turns off the iPod, and he tells Tenny "Let's go to my Studio, it's upstairs." Tenny and Nathan heads upstairs to his Recording Studio.
   Meanwhile at L.A. Hospital, Olivia walks into Pedro Del Mar's office, as she's started working and Pedro greets Olivia and tells her "Welcome to our staff Dr.North." Olivia tells Pedro "I am honored to be working here. It will be a good distraction from me." Pedro reads Olivia's resume and tells her "So you've worked at City Hospital back in Adam's Landing?" Olivia nods and Pedro asks her "Did you know Dr.Beth Jackson?" Olivia tells him "She's one of my closest friends. She's an excellent doctor." Pedro nods and agrees with Olivia, as he asks her "Have you read the files yet on Keith Ross?" Olivia tells Pedro "I have and I have met him, he's connected to my fiancee, Allan Sullivan. They owned a Nightclub together in Adam's Landing." Pedro responds "Hmm, sounds like you're really close to Beth's family. I can only imagine how she's feeling with Xavier being dead." Olivia looks at Pedro and asks "Why are you so interested in Beth?" Pedro responds "We dated for some time until my soon to be Ex came back to town and I'm sure you know." Olivia responds "She told me." Pedro admits to Olivia "I really made some mistakes, but I am making up for them and with Eve (Santiago) out of the picture, I might try to get back with Beth again." Olivia advises him "I think you blew it Dr.Del Mar." Pedro sighs and agrees with Olivia, as they get back on the topic of Keith, and Olivia tells Pedro "Keith will need a new liver soon if he's going to survive. It's the only way." Pedro tells Olivia "I got him at the top of the waiting list." Olivia walks out and tells Pedro "He was here yesterday and he's growing weaker every day." Olivia walks out and Pedro makes a phone call.
   At Rich Carroll's Mansion in the Hollywood Hills, Rich has gotten off the phone with Clint, and he sits in his living room, as he says to himself "I will produce myself. I don't need to be hip to have a hit." There's a knock at the door and Rich walks up to answer it and he's floored as he asks "How did you find me?" Allan laughs "Don't pay attention on who you hire?" Rich tells Allan coldly "I was nice enough to let you live you son of a bitch. If you keep pushing things, then I will have to kill you. Or someone else will." Allan grabs Rich by the throat and slams him against the wall, and yells "I want back what you stole from me." Rich tells Allan, as he's choking "Fair trade." Allan responds "Fair Trade? How about I kill you?" Rich pushes Allan off of him and yells "Look Allan, getting rid of you was my only chance for a career comeback! I had no choice." Allan looks up and sighs "Kissing Feldman's ass I take it? You and him were always tight knit. The two of you. I can't wait to make my appearance known so I can tie both your asses in litigation for years and years and get back my copyrights!" Rich yells "I sung those songs and I was way better than you ever were. At least I didn't run away from my problems!" Allan looks at Rich and laughs "Still playing innocent? Yeah, you're innocent. As innocent as my sex book. Tell that to an idiot somewhere who'd believe that bullshit because I sure the hell don't!" Rich warns Allan "If you test me, I will kill you." Allan tells Rich "What if I went to visit Clint?" Rich squirms, as Allan asks Rich "Are you scared? Rich yells "You are pushing it Allan, and everyone thinks you're dead. Olivia, Allison, your family, all of them thinks you're dead. I even sent your demented Mother a urn..."Allan punches Rich in the face and picks him up and begins to beat him, with rage in his eyes as Rich tries to fight Allan off, but without success.
   Meanwhile at the CL Records Headquarters, Latoya sits in the studio with her Father, as she records vocals for her first album and she yells at Jermaine, who's in the producer's booth "This is bland. How in the hell can this be a hit?" Jermaine takes a deep breath, and walks inside the studio and asks his Daughter "Just what in the hell is it with you Latoya?" You're not even a star and you're really making yourself look like an ass!" Latoya disses her Father, telling him "You were a one hit wonder Daddy. Who are you to judge me?" Jermaine tells Latoya "I am trying to protect you, but you are going to knock it off with this attitude! I mean it." Latoya laughs as she tells her Father "You and CL should just be fortunate to have me. I have gotten a better offer. I might take it." Jermaine asks his Daughter "What do you mean?" Latoya smiles and says "Nationwide Record Group. I was approached a few days ago by Tyrone Gray.." Jermaine freezes and slowly says "Tyrone Gray?" Latoya nods and Jermaine warns her "You don't want to do it. Clarence Lewis is one of the few good guys out here, and I can tell you right now that Tyrone Gray will exploit you and you won't have the opportunities you have here." Latoya tells her Father "$75,000,000 4-album deal. Money talks." Jermaine quips "And lawsuits talk also Latoya!" Latoya yells at her Father "I have a great chance and I am going to do it whether or not you like it!" Jermaine sternly warns Latoya "If you sign with Nationwide, then you will sell out big time! I can't help and protect you if you sign with them. And I won't!" Latoya looks at her Father and yells "You are just racist because a white man owns the label. That's all it is! You shouldn't be you hypocrite, you slept with my Mom and she's white!" Jermaine tells his Daughter "I am not a racist and I am telling you, all Clint Feldman and Tyrone Gray cares about is the money. They will build you up, and then destroy you!" Latoya tells Jermaine "I want to make my own decisions!" Latoya storms out and Jermaine punches the wall, as frustration grows inside of him due to his Daughter's choice.
   Back at The Hills Hotel, Keith has arrived and Clarence walks up to Keith and tells him "Are you ok Keith?" Keith shrugs and tells Clarence "I am fine! Stop worrying about me so damn much!" Molly walks over and yells "Keith Ross!" Keith rolls his eyes and says "Molly Lynne." Eve Mathis, a legendary singer in the R&B and Jazz field, who owns her own label, Blue Satin Records, arrives and yells at the crew "It's Ms. Mathis!" Keith looks at Eve and goes "The sellout has arrived!" Eve tells Keith and Molly "And I have the dubious unfortunate opportunity to be associated with the two of you. Whoopee." Molly yells at Eve "Don't pull that Diva shit on me Eve!" Eve hisses "Ms.Mathis redneck!" Molly slaps Eve and Eve slaps back and Keith rolls his eyes and he tells himself "Oh hell." Clarence yells at Eve and Molly "Knock it off! Take your seats!" Keith sits in the middle as Eve sits to the left end of the judge's table, and Molly to the right, and the first singer walks inside to sing. Molly looks at the singer and asks him "What's your name honey?" The man tells her "My name is Nick Dunn." Eve looks at Nick, as Molly asks him "You sound like you're from the Southeast?" Nick responds "I am. I'm from the town of Adam's Landing." Eve asks Nick "So what do you do?" Nick looks at Eve and asks "What do you mean? I'm a singer. I sing at the bars around the area." Keith quips "Karaoke huh?" Nick yells at Keith "Got a problem with that?" Keith rolls his eyes and says "Sing the damn song." Keith sings a song called "I Believe" and Keith watches on, as he's unimpressed, as Eve looks him over, as does Molly, who starts to cry. Nick finishes the song and Molly tells Nick "That was excellent!"
Eve agrees with Molly and adds "I don't care for Country, but I like you." Keith meanwhile tells Nick "You don't impress me." Nick looks at Keith and tells him "I was never a fan of yours anyway." Keith looks at Eve and Molly and both of them tell Nick "Welcome to The Next Icon!" Keith rolls his eyes and Nick thanks them humbly and walks back outside the banquet room, where the auditions are being held, and tells his best friend, Brittany Perry "Your turn. Don't lose your cool in there. Keith Ross is an asshole." Brittany walks inside and brings an acoustic guitar, and Keith eyes her and says "Another country singer?" Brittany tells Keith "I stick to the Top 40 thank you!" Molly asks Brittany "What are you going to sing?" Brittany responds "I'm singing one of my own compositions." Brittany sits on a stool and plays a song she wrote called "Raining Teardrops." Eve, Keith, and Molly grows quiet and all are blown away as Brittany sings and when she finishes, Eve, Keith, and Molly all tell her "You are in!" Brittany walks out with a smile and Keith asks Clarence "Where are the R&B singers?" Eve yells at Keith "You should broaden your horizons." Keith yells at Eve "At least I didn't forget where I came from, unlike you!" Molly rolls her eyes and a young female singer walks inside, and Keith smiles as she looks her over and quips "Damn girl you got one fine ass body on you.." The singer looks at Keith and says "And I am all yours Mr.Ross." The girl tells them "I'm singing a classic song from Ms.Mathis called "Overlove." The girl starts to sing and Keith and Molly enjoys the girl's soulful performance, as Eve glares at her and yells "That's my damn song!" The girl tells Eve "My Mama told me that was the jam back in the day." Eve tells the girl "And you don't have my vote!" Keith and Molly tells the girl "Welcome to The Next Icon!" Molly asks the girl "What's your name?" The girl responds "Cassandra
Fields." Cassandra walks out of the room and Clarence walks over and tells Keith, Eve, and Molly "They are impressive." Eve tells Clarence "I don't like that Cassandra bitch. She's singing my damn song!" Keith laughs "I wrote that and I make a ton of money off samples." Eve snaps "If she's going to be a part of this show, then I will make it hell on her!" Clarence looks at Eve and sternly tells her "You need to get over yourself Eve! This isn't about you, it's about giving a young singer a chance! And just because you have forgotten your roots, doesn't mean others have." Molly looks at Keith and notices he's pale and asks him "Are you ok?" Keith responds "I'm fine, just tired." Clarence also asks Keith if he's ok and Keith gets up and yells "I'm..." and collapses. Eve and Molly rush to Keith's side as Clarence calls 911 and tells the crew "Auditions are over for today!"
   Meanwhile at Nathan's Office and Recording Studio, he sits in his office with Tenny, as he rolls a blunt and as both are high, Tenny asks Nathan "That was some wild stuff!" Nathan responds "It's been great hearing about Allan." Tenny tells Nathan "Fire it up and let's talk about you." Nathan asks Tenny "Why do you want to know about me?" Tenny takes a deep toke and tells Nathan "Something's familiar about you." Nathan asks "Are you just stoned?" Tenny tells him "You remind me of Allan. Your hair, beard, you look like him." Nathan takes a toke and responds "My Step-dad considers me a bum and my Mom won't leave the bastard." Tenny asks "Step-dad?" Nathan tells her "I don't want to talk about him Ms.Sullivan." Tenny gently tells Nathan, as she notices a look of anger on his face "You must really hate him." Nathan responds "I do. He treats my Mom like a dog, and she won't leave him and he tries his best to turn her against me." Tenny looks at Nathan as he takes a toke and tells him "I don't do this often, but if you ever need someone to talk to, or a friend, I'm here. It means so much to me that you respect my Son and idolize him. He'd be so proud." Nathan starts to cry and tells Tenny "That means so much to me." Tenny hugs Nathan and Clair walks inside and asks her Son "I thought you quit doing marijuana?" Nathan notices a bruise on his Mother's face, as does Tenny, and Tenny tells Nathan "I'll leave now. Thank you." Tenny walks out and looks in her pouch, as it's filled with blunts and says to herself "I wonder." Back in Nathan's office, he asks his Mother "Did that bastard hit you?" Clair responds "He wants me to cut you off. I stood up to him and he hit me." Nathan pleads with his Mother "You need to leave him! Get the hell away! Call your family!" Clair tells her Son "I don't have no intentions of doing that!" Nathan tells his Mother bluntly "If Clint hits you one more time, I'm going to kill him!" Clair pleads with her Son "No Nathan! He will go after you and he has connections. Don't attempt it!" Nathan tells his Mother with tears in his eyes "I'm doing something Mom. This has went on too long, and I am sick of it! It will stop and I will see to it that it does!" Clair looks at her Son and tells him "Do not call my family Nathan!" Nathan responds "I make no promises!"
   At a restaurant in Los Angeles, Latoya meets up with Tyrone, and he asks Latoya "So did you make a choice?" Latoya tells Tyrone "I have. I want to sign with Nationwide Records." Tyrone smiles and tells Latoya "That's smart. Now let's talk about something else." Latoya tells Tyrone "If this is about sex, then NO!" Tyrone looks at Latoya and tells her "Every girl that has ever wanted to make it in this business had to sleep their way to the top.It's also made them legends. If you sleep with me, then I might be able to get you a better deal." Latoya looks at Tyrone and tells him "I'm not a whore." Tyrone tells Latoya "You have to take risks baby if you want to be a star." Latoya is silent, as Tyrone tells her "Me or Clint? Clint loves young women. And he wants you to be his star. He'll give you more promotion than Clarence will. And he's too focused on that talent show anyway. What's it going to be?" Latoya takes a deep breath and tells Tyrone "Where do you live?" Tyrone grins and tells Latoya "Good that you see things my way."
   Meanwhile, Keith has arrived in the Emergency Room at L.A. Hospital, and Olivia checks him out in the triage, as Jermaine and Clarence watches on, with worry and concern showing on their faces as Olivia tells them "I'm admitting him immediately. He's going downhill quickly and he needs a liver if he's going to live." Keith looks at Olivia and tells her "I have a show to do and an album to make." Clarence walks over and tells Keith "The main focus is your health Keith. You are in no shape to even be a judge on The Next Icon. You need to take care of you." Keith yells "This hepatitis isn't going to stop me!" Clarence tells Olivia "Put him in the private ward and make sure the media stays quiet and only his family will be allowed to visit." Olivia nods and Keith is taken to his room, as Olivia tells Clarence and Jermaine "The treatments aren't working. We only have one option and Dr.Del Mar has him on top of the waiting list. This is his only hope."
Olivia heads to Keith's room, and Clarence starts to follow, but Jermaine stops him and tells Clarence "Latoya wants to sign with Nationwide Records. I tried to talk her out of it." Clarence looks at Jermaine and warns him "She has a contract with me and I will fight Feldman all the way." Jermaine tells Clarence, with a look of regret on his face "Get ready then. She's hell-bent on signing with them."
   At Clint's Office at Nationwide Records Group, he gets off the phone with Tyrone and tells him "Good, this will be all we need to do." Nathan storms inside, as Clair follows her Son, trying to stop him and Nathan grabs Clint and punches him in the face and screams "Where do you get off with beating my Mother? Tell me bastard!" Nathan beats his Step-Father and Clair yells at her Son "Stop Nathan STOP!" Clint's Bodyguards walks inside and pulls Nathan off of Clint and Clint yells at Nathan "You blew it!" Nathan yells "Don't mess with me you son of a bitch and keep your hand off of my Mom!" Nathan's carried out and Clint grabs Clair's arm, and snarls "You better cut ties with your Son! Or else." At Rich's Mansion, Rich wakes up as he is sore after Allan's beating and says to himself "Allan Sullivan won't stop me from getting what's mine!" In Encino, Allan arrives at the gates of Clint's Mansion and tells the guard "I want to talk to Clint!" The guard asks "Are you on the list of visitors?" Allan laughs "I take it the bastard's not home. Don't worry. I'll be back. Then we'll  talk." Allan leaves and as he walks down the road, a black Camaro pulls over and Tenny asks "Need a ride?" Allan looks and goes "Mama?" Tenny is silent as she gets out of her car and grabs Allan and holds him and says with tears in her eyes "You're alive. I knew it!"


Next Week:
Allan confronts Clint.
Keith takes a turn for the worse.
Nathan looks for his family.

 

1 comment:

  1. SO GLAD TENNY FINALLY FOUND ALLAN ! MAYBE NOW SHE WILL LAY OFF THE POT ! LOL

    ReplyDelete