Monday, August 19, 2013

The Industry: Season One, Episode 3. The Beginning of The Great Comeback

   It's been another week in L.A., and as the sun comes up, in the early morning hours, an earthquake awakes everyone, though only minor, which as morning arrives and the day begins, at The Hills Hotel, Tenny sits in the living room to her suite at The Hills Hotel, smoking a blunt she got from Nathan, and Allan walks inside as Tenny looks at Allan, and Allan looks at his Mother and asks "When did you decide to become a stoner?" Tenny tells his Son "It calms me down. Relaxes me." Allan smiles as he sits down and Tenny asks Allan "Wanna take a hit with your Mother?" Allan takes a toke, and Olivia walks inside and she joins in, as she prepares to head to L.A. Hospital. Olivia sits on Allan's lap and looks at him and she says in a content tone "I'm glad your back." Allan looks at Olivia and kisses her and tells her "Me too baby." Tenny asks them "Did you feel that rumble this morning?" Allan tells his Mother as they pass around the blunt "It's common out here Mama." Tenny tells Allan and Olivia "It scared the hell out of me." Olivia tells them "I'm headed to the Hospital, and I will write you a prescription Tenny. I'll need one for myself." Allan looks at his Mother and Olivia, and he tells Olivia "May want to write me one as well for where I'm going." Olivia looks at Allan, as does Tenny, as she asks "To visit Clint?" Allan nods and tells them "He hates to see his agenda fail. I want to brighten his day." Tenny looks at Allan and tells him "I will go with you.." Allan tells his Mother "I need to do this by myself Mama." Tenny pulls out her pistol, and hands it to Allan and tells him "Use it if you have to." Olivia rolls her eyes, and heads out, and tells Allan "Be careful Allan." Tenny takes a toke and assures Olivia "He'll be fine. Because Mama's going with him." Allan sighs "Oh shit." Tenny looks at Allan and laughs "He doesn't want to mess with me."
   In Clarence's office at CL Records, Clarence sits in his office, as he reads off a list of names to replace Keith as judge on "The Next Icon" as Eve walks inside Clarence's office and asks him "So what are the plans Clarence? Are we going to do this show or not? I got a call from Las Vegas to do a gig at The Hills Las Vegas." Clarence looks at Eve and asks her "So when the going gets rough, you want to bail?" Eve reminds Clarence "I am a singer and I manage myself!" Clarence reminds Eve "I hope you haven't forgotten who gave you your big break 25 years ago." Eve is quiet as she sighs "I know. You did." Clarence nods and tells her "Before you went all jazz and crossing over, you were a R&B singer and had a lot of success, thanks to Keith and I." Eve looks at Clarence and tells him "I need to know if we're going to do this or not, I do have a career besides sitting on a panel, judging singers with Redneck Molly and my Ex." Clarence stares at Eve and asks "You still have feelings for him don't you?" Eve is quiet as Clarence adds "I know you've been to see him Eve. You don't like to admit your past." Eve tells him, in a shocked tone "I haven't seen Keith or checked on him." Clarence nods his head, as he asks Eve "Did you ever tell Keith about his Son?" Eve changes subjects again and Clarence tells her "I take it you haven't?" Eve yells "I didn't want Keith to know and you better keep your damn mouth shut also Clarence. Wouldn't want me to bring up some history would you?" Clarence stares at Eve and asks "What in the hell are you talking about?" Eve laughs "Commercial flights from L.A. to Sugar Creek usually involves a layover in Adam's Landing. And we know.." Clarence snaps at Eve "We made an agreement and that's all I will say." Eve looks at Clarence and reminds him "She's never gotten back with anyone since you." Clarence tells her "I know Eve. But what we had was over the moment she knew I was married." Eve reminds Clarence "And now you're divorced." Clarence snaps "Let's get back on the damn subject Eve! Who can replace Keith?" Eve takes a deep breath and tells Clarence "What about J.B. Brown?" Clarence asks "He went into exile." Eve laughs "I know where he stays these days. I could persuade him to do the show." Clarence tells Eve "He left music for a reason. He doesn't even do concerts or interviews and.." Eve tells Clarence "He's talking about a comeback. He was going to do a tour last year, but cancelled." Clarence quips "Exactly why I don't want him on The Next Icon. He has high demands and.." Eve tells Clarence "He wants to make an album, and you know if he makes a new album.." Clarence yells "Call him." Eve gets her coat and tells Clarence "I'll visit him. I've been staying with him since I've been in L.A." Clarence asks Eve "Isn't he signed to Nationwide?" Eve tells him "He's about to leave. He has been talking to Nathan James and has the funding to finance Nathan's new label." Clarence tells Eve "See what you can do. He would be exactly what we need on the show, if he will do it." Eve walks out and Clarence makes a phone call.
   At Nathan's Recording Studio, he sits in his office, as Clair walks inside with anger in her eyes as she yells at her Son "Didn't I tell you not to go to Texas?" Nathan looks at his Mother and tells her "Don't worry Mom. Grandpa wasn't there, but he will get the memo." Clair takes a deep breath and shakes her head with disgust as she tells Nathan "I don't plan to divorce Clint and I sternly warned you to stay away from Texas!" Nathan gets up from his chair, as he's working on some music, and yells "And do what Mom? Watch him keep treating you like shit? Let him hit you and you pretend nothing's wrong? No Mom, I will not do that! I am sick of it and I want it to stop!" Clair looks at Nathan and tells him "I left home many years ago because your Grandpa wasn't worried about anything but business and picking up women in bars! He never had any time for your Grandma and he hasn't never worried about you." Nathan screams "I've never even met him!" I  know who he is now though and I know if he knew of what's been going on, he's kill Clint and I'd help him. You have one powerful family and I want to know them more!" Clair sternly warns Nathan "It's already bad enough you know that old stoner woman!" Nathan re-corrects "Allan James' Mother." Clair quickly snaps "I know who she is!" Nathan asks "Why didn't you say anything?" Clair looks at her phone and tells her Son "I can't talk about it." Clair storms out, and Nathan sits at his desk, as he remembers Tenny, Allan, and Xavier Jackson all telling him "You look familiar" and Nathan calls L.A. Hospital and asks the person on the other line "I need to pick up a birth certificate for Nathan James Feldman." The person on the other line tells Nathan "There's no Nathan James Feldman." Nathan asks "Is there another last name?" The person gives him a name and he drops his phone, as he has a panic attack and says to himself "That explains everything."
   Meanwhile at a Restaurant in Downtown Los Angeles, Nick Dunn and Brittany Perry sits at a table as Brittany asks Nick "So are they cancelling the show?" Nick tells Brittany "I called Molly and she's on her way." Molly arrives and tells them "Clarence is looking for a replacement judge since Keith's having health problems." Nick snaps "We need to know because we're not rich and can't wait for all of you to make a decision! We came out here and put up a lot to see if we even could have a shot at this!" Molly sits and tells them "I understand. When I went to Music City to become a Country Singer, I did the same thing, but I had to work like hell to survive. We have to make huge sacrifices to make it in this business." Brittany tells Molly "All I've ever wanted to do was to be a singer. That's long been my dream. If this fails, then I'm throwing in the towel." Molly assures Brittany and Nick "There will be another judge for The Next Icon. Clarence told me they're talking to J.B. Brown." Both Nick and Brittany is stunned as Molly tells them "He's a man of few words and the most mysterious legend in Music History. He made 4 albums, all of them were smash hits. He performed his early days in a Funk Band called The Brown Brothers and they were hugely successful until J.B. went solo." Nick asks Molly "Didn't he go crazy?" Molly responds "Nobody really knows. He hasn't made a public appearance in over 10 years." Nick and Brittany, both frustrated tells her "We need to know what's going to happen and soon. We have to make plans if the show was to fail." Molly hands them each a check and tells them "Clarence will pay for all of your expenses while yall are out here." Nick and Brittany both thank Molly, and she tells them "I'm going to meet with Clarence later. I'll let you know what I find out." Molly leaves and Brittany looks at Nick, as both of them look at their checks and Nick tells Brittany "This is enough to convince me to stick it out." Brittany agrees with Nick, as they pay for their meal, and head back to The Hills Hotel.
   Meanwhile in Encino, Clint sits in his Mansion, as Tyrone arrives with Latoya and Clint smiles and goes "Latoya Shane. I heard you liked what Tyrone offered you." Latoya looks around and tells Clint "This is a huge home!" Clint tells Latoya "If you do everything right, you can have the same thing. And cooks, servants, all you ever wanted." Latoya tells him "I want to be a legend." Clint grins, as he says "I think that can happen, but you have to do something in order to get there." Latoya asks Clint "What do you mean?" Clint looks at Latoya, as he walks over to her, and checks her out and tells her "You are a stunning beauty, and you have a voice. You could easily become the next Queen of Pop. And I can make it happen." Latoya looks at Clint and Tyrone and asks them "What do I have to do?" Clint looks at Latoya and tells her "You have to give something up." Latoya looks at Clint and tells him "I have already slept with Tyrone!" Clint says in a distant tone "That's just the start." Latoya looks around, as Clint tells Latoya "We have to make a sacrifice in order to go to the next level. Then you're set for the rest of your life." Latoya asks "What sort of sacrifice?" Tyrone walks to the door and locks it, and Clint tells Latoya "Blood sacrifice." Latoya gets scared and Tyrone asks Latoya "How bad to you want it?" Clint asks the same question, and Latoya panics and Clint sternly tells Latoya "This is what you have to do in order to achieve your dreams." Latoya is silent as Clint tells her "This is what you have to do if you want to be a legend." Latoya is silent and then looks at Clint and Tyrone and tells them "I don't know." Clint walks over, and puts his arm Latoya and tells her "Sign the contract and you'll be in the studio, and I'll take care of everything else." Latoya agrees and heads out." Clint looks at Tyrone and tells him "I want you to make a quick visit to the Southeast." Clint gives Tyrone a gun, and tells him "I'll have my jet ready". Tyrone heads out and Clint says to himself "Now if I could get rid of Nathan." Outside, Allan and Tenny watches Latoya, and Tyrone pull out of the gates, and Allan drives through and looks at his Mother and says "Showdown time."
   At L.A. Hospital, Olivia arrives in Keith's room, as Jermaine and Keith's Father, Clemmon "Sayyid" Ross are in the room at Keith's side as Olivia sees Sayyid and they embrace in a hug as Sayyid tells Olivia "I'm glad to see you!" Keith quips from his Hospital Bed "I'm not. She won't release me." Jermaine tells his Best Friend "Olivia is going to save your life Keith!" Olivia asks Sayyid "When did you arrive in town?" Sayyid responds "A few days ago. I had to take care of some things before leaving." Pedro arrives in the room and tells everyone "I think we have found a match for Keith. A nun who's a perfect match." Keith asks "How long will I be out of work? I have things to do!" Olivia tells Keith "The main thing is making sure your body accepts the new liver, and hopefully we can manage the hepatitis." Keith quips "I guess I'll be celibate now."
Jermaine laughs, and Olivia and Pedro tells Keith "It can be transmitted sexually, but not all the time. You might be able to regain your crown." Sayyid laughs along with everyone else, as Olivia tells Keith "I've scheduled your surgery for tonight. And then with a few weeks to rest, you can get back to yourself again."
Pedro and Olivia leaves the room, and Sayyid tells Keith "I'm glad that Olivia is here. The other one I have orders to kill." Olivia looks at Sayyid and asks "What do you mean you have orders to kill Dr.Del Mar?" Sayyid tells Olivia "You know the story about his part with Leigh years ago. His name is on Xavier's hit list." Olivia looks at them and goes "I never thought he had one of them." Sayyid responds "He's right below his Brother, and we all know Xavier Jackson." Keith quips "Don't do nothing until the surgery's complete." Sayyid tells them "He best save my son, or his ass is dead!"
    Back at Clint's Mansion, Allan knocks on the door, as Tenny asks Allan "Do you have your pistol?" Allan nods, and Tenny tells her Son "I have mine." A servant opens the door and asks Allan and Tenny "Are you here to see Mr.Feldman?" Allan pushes the servant out of the way, as he tells the servant "I'd recommend you leave." Allan storms into Clint's study, and yells "Hey you son of a bitch! Look at Lazarus!" Clint looks at Allan and Tenny and pauses as he asks Allan "How did you get inside my house? You are dead!" Allan asks Clint "If I was dead, then would my Mother be here?" Clint looks at Tenny, as she has on her sunglasses, and a scarf over her hair as she tells Clint "It seems you are still the snake Allan told me about, and the slick hair doesn't work well. Ever considered calling a plastic surgeon for a nose job?" Clint yells at Tenny "Don't you dare insult me you senile..." Tenny walks over to Clint and slaps him across the face and asks "Are you going senile? Can't remember the past? I hate that because we are ready to send your worthless ass to the morgue." Clint gives an angry glaire to Allan and warns him "You know of my power. I can have your Mother killed." Tenny pulls out her pistol and turns off the safety and asks Clint "Women first Feldman!" Clint yells at Allan "You are supposed to be dead! Rich told me he killed you himself!" Allan responds "Death Valley. I went to Death Valley." Tenny holds her pistol and keeps it aimed at Clint, as he yells at Tenny "I'm not going to kill your Son so put the damn gun down." Tenny shakes her head and says "No I won't. I don't trust you. Nor will I ever trust you." Allan tells Clint "I want my copyrights and masters back and I will get them, whether or not you like it. And I know Rich was working for you." Clint looks at Allan and tells him "How about I make a deal with you. If you bring me Rich, then I will help you get back your copyrights and masters. He's already on a tight leash." Allan tells Clint "How about I kill him?" Clint smiles and tells Allan "Great idea. I love that." Tenny looks at Allan and warns him "Don't play his games." Clint asks Tenny "What would make you think I'm playing a game?" Tenny laughs "Hell everyone with brains knows you. Look at who isn't recording with your label anymore. Keith's gone, Allan left to join a commune to get away, and I don't keep with the modern shit, but all you have is Richie Rich." Clint smiles and says "Not for long. If you want to get what's yours, and want my help, then kill him. And I'd prefer it to be here."
Allan heads out and turns to Clint and says "I'd be glad to do that." Tenny walks out, as does Allan, as Clint sits at his desk and makes a phone call and says "Go to Vegas and pay Carroll a visit for me."
    Meanwhile, at The Coffee Shop, in Downtown Los Angeles, Nathan sits at a booth listening to his iPod and Latoya walks inside and walks over to Nathan and asks him "So you're the hot new producer I've heard about?" Nathan looks at Latoya and tells her is a dismissive tone "Leave me alone." Latoya looks at Nathan and asks him "Isn't your Father the head of Nationwide Records Group? I am his newest artist and I want you to produce my debut!" Eve walks inside and looks at Latoya and asks "Latoya Shane? Leave your baby behind to get to Hollywood. How many guys are you sleeping with?" Latoya looks at Eve with disgust and goes "How do you know about me Eve?" Eve snaps "Ms.Mathis bitch! And I know Aretha Evans well. Don't try your diva trip on me. I am THE DIVA! You are nothing so get lost!" Nathan looks at Eve and Eve stares at Latoya and asks "Do I have to tell you twice?" Latoya walks out as she has a look of anger in her eyes as Nathan asks Eve "Has J.B. called you yet?" Eve responds "I just left his estate. He is going to fill in for Keith on The Next Icon." Nathan tells Eve "It's good you're staying with him. He's one of the nicest people, but I think he needs some exposure and it will help with his new album." Eve tells Nathan "I have something for you that J.B. gave me." Eve pulls out a tape, and tells Nathan "He said he'd call you." Eve heads out and Nathan looks at the tape and says to himself "With his help, I can finally get out from under Feldman." Clair arrives a few moments later and asks her Son "What do you want Nathan?" Nathan pulls out a birth certificate and asks his Mother "Explain this to me. Your words." Clair looks it over and is silent, as Nathan tells his Mother "It looks like I may just finally found my family. And if you want to keep kissing Feldman's ass, then go ahead. But don't whine and bitch at me when he cheats on you and hits you again!" Clair screams "Clint is the only thing you've ever had for a Father Nathan Feldman!" Nathan screams "It's Sullivan!"
   At L.A. Hospital, Clarence arrives, as Keith's condition worsens, and Sayyid sits at his Son's side, as Jermaine tries to call Latoya, but no response. Olivia walks inside and tells them "It's time to do the liver transplant." At The Hills Hotel, Allan and Tenny returns to Tenny's suite and she tells her Son "Allan, I am going home tonight." Allan looks at his Mother and asks her "Why are you leaving Mama? I need you here with me. It's going to be a rough road going against Rich and Feldman." Tenny touches Allan's face and tells him "I know you will get back what's yours my little boy. I'm going to drive back to Adam's Landing tonight, and since I have my prescription, I can see when I drive." Allan reminds his Mother "At your age.." Tenny stops Allan and says "Age is a number. I am not a old senile woman. I live life to it's fullest and Mommy's got some things to do in Adam's Landing. And your Aunt needs to see me." Allan tells his Mother "Before you leave, I want to thank you for something else." Tenny asks "And that would be?" Allan tells his Mother with tears in his eyes "I don't know how you did it, but you found Nathan. And he's your Grandson." Tenny smiles and says "I know he is Allan. And I also know who his Mother is as well." Allan responds, as he hugs his Mother "I do too. Clint Feldman's Wife." Tenny looks at Allan and tells him "You bond with your Son, and I will keep in touch." Tenny walks out and Allan sits down as he finds an envelope on the table, and looks at Nathan's birth certificate and says to himself "Mama is always one step ahead."

Next Week on The Industry:

J.B. makes his appearance.
The war begins between Clint and Allan.
Eve confesses to Keith.

 

1 comment:

  1. THINGS ARE REALLY HEATING UP NOW ! ENJOYED THIS EPISODE !

    ReplyDelete