Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Industry: Season One, Episode 5. Partnerships And Shaky Ground

   As another week has passed in Los Angeles, Clint sits in his office at Nationwide Records Group, as he reads the tabloids and looks at Latoya's pictures on the front pages and briefly smiles, before his phone rings and it's Tyrone, and Clint asks Tyrone "What is it now? Don't be backing out on me." Tyrone, in Adam's Landing tells Clint, as he sits in his car, outside Sassy Shane's house "I can kill Sassy. But I can't kill the other two." Clint screams at Tyrone "Kill all of them!" Tyrone yells "You are asking me to kill my Son?" Clint asks "What Son? You have no kids in Adam's Landing!" Tyrone looks outside his window, as he tells Clint "Yes I do. And I have a Grandson." Tyrone hangs up the phone, as Clint is quiet and says to himself  "That explains why Aretha left L.A. years ago." Clint calls Tyrone back, but gets no response, and then calls his Wife, and Clair ignores the phone call, as she too is in Adam's Landing, as she's at Hell Hill. Clint makes another call and tells the person "Keep your eyes out for Nathan. If you see him, kill him and send him to Adam's Landing."
   At J.B. Brown's Estate, Nathan walks inside the living room, as he is staying with J.B. and Eve walks into the living room, as Nathan asks Eve "So what's going on between you and J.B.?" Eve tells Nathan "He discovered me years ago in a lounge in Sugar Creek. He and his Brothers were in town, and after the shows, he's come to this lounge and I was singing a song from The Brown Brothers, and J.B. and I connected that very moment and we've never lost touch." Nathan tells Eve "I'm glad he has you. You're not really as bad as the press and legends I've heard about you make you out to be." Eve tells Nathan "When you're in this business, you have to be hard, or else they will walk all over you and it's not no easy life. Actually I'd like to thank you for being a real friend to J.B.. Friends are hard to find in this town, and I appreciate what you've done for him." Nathan tells Eve "I have nothing but respect for J.B. and for you as well." Eve tells Nathan "Since you said that, do me a favor?" Nathan pulls out the recent issue of the "The L.A. Gossiper" and asks Eve "Would it have to do with this?" as Nathan points at the photo of Latoya and Eve's Son, River Mathis together at a party at Nationwide Records. Eve asks Nathan "I have heard your Father wants you to produce her." Nathan tells Eve bluntly "Clint Feldman is NOT my Father. Allan James is and I don't plan to work with Latoya. I can't stand her. Not someone who'd sell out to achieve fame." Eve looks at Nathan, stunned and asks "So Allan James really is your Father?" Nathan nods and Eve tells him "I can believe that. You remind me of Allan. Are the two of you talking, or does he know?" Nathan tells Eve "He knows. And he, and I both want to bring Feldman down." Eve looks at Nathan, and points towards J.B.'s bedroom and tells Nathan "J.B. can bring Nationwide Records to it's knees. I imagine you know about that." Nathan looks at Eve and says "I know he owns his copyrights?" Eve whispers to Nathan "He also has power in his contract. And when he leaves Nationwide and does as he plans, you may be the most powerful man in the music business." Nathan smiles as he looks at Eve, as J.B. walks into the living room, without his veil on and tells Nathan "I heard you two talking. I do own a stake in Nationwide Records and I'm ready to get these papers signed so I can go off and retire." J.B. pulls out some forms and Eve watches as J.B. and Nathan takes the first steps towards Nathan starting his own record label, with J.B.'s backing and support.
   Meanwhile at Clarence's Mansion in the Hollywood Hills, Clarence sits at the kitchen table, as he reads the L.A. Gossiper, with Jermaine and Keith sitting with him, as the maid brings lunch into the kitchen, and Clarence looks at Jermaine and Keith and tells them "Latoya's really making some major mistakes." Jermaine shakes his head in disgust as Keith quips "She takes after her Mama. Both of them were easy. Now we know that's for real. I wonder how my Cousin is liking it." Jermaine tells them "I have tried to call her, but she acts like she doesn't even know me now. I think if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have helped her get into this business." Clarence looks at Jermaine and tells him "She is talented, but she's going to waste it. And Clint will sit back and count his money." Keith changes subjects and asks about "The Next Icon", asking Clarence "So how's things with the show and can I return?" Clarence looks at Keith and asks him "Didn't Dr. North tell you to rest?" Keith rolls his eyes and tells Clarence "I will be sitting in a chair, damaging my ears, not standing on stage singing my guts out." Clarence rolls his eyes and looks at Jermaine, and tells Keith "Come back if you want to that bad! You should be resting, but I can't tell you what to do." Jermaine tells Clarence and Keith "I am going to visit Latoya and try to talk to her. I doubt it will do anything, but I don't want to see my Daughter destroy herself." Jermaine leaves and Keith gets a text and tells Clarence "Looks like Latoya has a visitor."
   At The Hills Hotel, River Mathis is in his Suite, as Latoya lays in bed, with a blanket covering her, as River reminds Latoya "I do have a girlfriend in Sugar Creek. And my Mom hates you with a passion." Latoya looks at River and asks him "Don't tell me you're a Mama's boy? Still sucking her thumb?" River tells Latoya "Mom has always been protective over me. And if my girlfriend was to find out about this, then I'm in some deep shit." Latoya asks River "Who's your girlfriend River?" River asks Latoya "You have probably heard of her, Rachel Lane, she's from Adam's Landing." Latoya grins as she tells River "She's on everybody's hit list in that crooked ass town. The Jackson Family really wants her dead." River looks at Latoya and asks her "Why do they want Rachel dead?" Latoya says "You date her. I suppose you know." River is dumbfounded, as the door to the Suite is kicked open, as Sayyid pulls out a pistol and yells at Latoya "You low-life excuse for a damn Mother!" River freaks out and says with a scared tremble "The King Of The Streets." Sayyid looks at River and asks him "Are you the rebound for this devil worshiping bitch?" River looks at Latoya as Latoya asks Sayyid "What is wrong? And you have no right to come in here threatening us!" Sayyid aims his pistol at Latoya and yells "Rashad! Sidney! My family you ungrateful whoring bitch! Someone tried to kill them! I know how the game is played and you messed with my family. And I don't play the bullshit and your ass will be the one that dies!" River yells at Sayyid "Leave my Suite or I'm calling the Police you thug!" Sayyid shoots at the phone, as he walks over to River, and checks his pockets and pulls out his other phone and steps on it, and asks River "You look familiar to me? Who's your Mother?" River tells Sayyid "I can't say." Sayyid laughs "That's right, you're the son of Eve Mathis. And here you are bedding this selfish bitch!" Latoya yells at Sayyid "This isn't Adam's Landing. And Xavier Jackson doesn't call the shots here!" Sayyid walks over to Latoya and warns her "What would make you think for one second I give a damn? When my family is threatened, then I am threatened. And if anything happens to Rashad, his Son, Aretha, Terrance, or my Sister, I will make damn sure your ass is dead before you hit your first note!" Sayyid looks at River and warns him "This bitch is selfish and if you are wise, you would leave her the hell alone!" Sayyid storms out and Latoya starts to panic, as River asks her "Was he right?" Latoya quickly gets up to get dressed and tells River "He's just a thug. He needs to go back to Prison where he belongs." Latoya goes in the bathroom, as River is silent and says to himself "I have heard of Sayyid Ross, and he doesn't pay visits unless there's a reason."
   Meanwhile at L.A. Hospital, Pedro is in a hospital bed, as Olivia checks on him and asks "Who's the woman?" Pedro looks over at his Daughter and tells Olivia "I thought the two of you met. This is Cara, she used to be an Attorney in Adam's Landing." Olivia is quiet for a moment and says "Oh that's right, you defended my Nephew." Cara asks Olivia "So where can I find Sayyid Ross so I can turn him in for what he did to my Dad?" Olivia tells both of them "I don't know where he's staying and I haven't seen him since Keith was released." Pedro tells Cara "I deserved to get beaten. I did Beth and Leigh very wrong and I knew the day would come when I'd be found." Cara looks at her Father, and asks "You're not serious I hope? Your hands are broken, and what if they don't heal Daddy? You're a doctor, and you saved that man's Son, and he beat you?" Pedro tells Cara "I could have been killed. Be lucky I am alive, and leave it be. You have enough to deal with regarding Eve." Cara looks at her Father and shakes her head as Olivia tells Pedro and Cara "I have a phone call. I think you can be released today, but you'll need a few operations on your hands in order for them to heal properly." Olivia walks out, and Cara tells her Father "Isn't she tied to The Jackson Family?" Pedro tells his Daughter "She's seeing Beth's Brother. And she's a damn good doctor." Cara looks at her Father and tells him "She knows where Sayyid is, and I want him in jail!" Pedro warns Cara "I am telling you to drop it and now! It would be the best thing for both of us!" Cara rolls her eyes, and sighs "Whatever you say." Pedro asks Cara "So how is Eve holding up?" Cara tells her Father "Mom's in Prison and she has a parole hearing coming up." Cara Del Mar's Mother, and Pedro's Ex Wife, Eve Santiago, is currently in Prison due to tax evasion and fraud and serving a long sentence in a Federal Prison in the Midwestern town of Lexington.
   Meanwhile at The Hills Hotel, Allan answers his door, as he has gotten off the phone with Olivia, and Rich stands on the other side and Allan laughs "You're not dead yet." Rich looks at Allan and responds "Neither are you." Allan tells Rich "Disguises help." Rich laughs, as Allan lights a Joint and tells Rich "I think I know what I'm going to do to get what's mine, and you're helping me do it." Rich reminds Allan "I have a contract with Clint, and I have an album due." Allan looks at Rich and reminds him, as he sits back and takes a deep toke "You know what will happen if you don't help me." Allan pulls out his Mother's Pistol and laughs "Mama called and asked me if you were dead yet. She said you would be." Rich looks at Allan and asks him "What does your Mother know? I think she's lost her mind." Allan laughs "My Mama loves to mess with people's heads Rich. She told me on the phone the other night, someone is about to die and she said your name." Rich asks Allan "Is Tenny a psychic?" Allan responds "She has one staying with her. They party together. I don't doubt a word my Mama says, and after that failed attempt, we are now going to team up." Rich asks Allan "What do you mean Allan? Who are we teaming up with?" There's a knock at the door, and Allan opens the door, as J.B. who's wearing a hoodie, sunglasses, gloves, a veil over his face, and covered from head to toe, and Allan's son Nathan, walks inside and Rich asks "Who's the freak?" J.B. laughs "Looks like your shade is still the same Richie. By the way, don't cover my music again." Nathan asks his Father "Why in the hell is Rich Carroll here? He is in too deep with Feldman!" Allan tells his Son "Chill out. Rich is another victim of Clint Feldman, as are all of us." J.B. tells Allan "At least you're still alive." Allan tells J.B. "Thank you for protecting my Son when Clint tried to kill him." J.B, looks at Allan, Rich, and Nathan and takes off his hoodie, and veil and tells them "I get so sick of going out dressed like this." Rich laughs "You're white!" J.B. glares at Rich, as Nathan warns Rich "Shut up you son of a bitch! He can't help it." Allan also warns Rich "Knock it off or I will kick your ass." J.B. is silent as he looks down and covers his face again and Allan tells everyone "There are no wires in this room, and we are all out for the same thing. Now we are going to do to Clint, what he wants to do to all of us." J.B. tells Allan "Nathan has my backing for his Record Label, and I'm releasing my final album before leaving the United States. I'm also selling my Copyrights to him, and keep a percentage. Everything is done, and was witnessed. This will be a hit Clint doesn't want." All of the men laugh, as Allan looks at J.B. and asks him "Do you have a stake in my Copyrights as well since you owned yours. I know when you signed your Contract, you merged your catalog with Clint's catalog." J.B. tells Allan "I own the catalog actually. But sadly I don't own your share. That's Rich's department with Feldman." Allan looks at Nathan as Nathan looks at Rich and J.B. tells everyone "We are going to team up as one, and buy Clint out. Nathan has what he needs now, and now the question is who will deliver the blow to Clint?" Everyone looks at each other, and they begin their plan to bring Clint Feldman, and Nationwide Records Group down.
   Downstairs, In River's Room, Eve walks inside, as she notices the damage from the door and asks River "So I take it you had company earlier?" River asks his Mother "How did you know about it?" Eve responds "Sayyid Ross is connected to a close friend of mine. Your Aunt Aretha." River tells his Mother "I know you hate Latoya Shane, and you hate Rachel.." Eve tells her Son "Hate isn't strong enough of a word when it comes to Latoya, and same for that bitch Rachel. Hell between the two of them, I'd rather you be with Rachel, than Latoya." River looks at his Mother and yells "Rachel knows about Latoya and I Mom! She saw the Gossiper online!" Eve warns her Son "Latoya is a slave to the business, she will have you killed if she has to in order to achieve fame. She tried to kill her own Mother, Baby Daddy, and Baby. Well she didn't pull the trigger, but someone else did. Shady ass Tyrone." River looks at Eve and goes in shock "Sayyid Ross wasn't lying." Eve yells at River "Use your damn brain River Mathis! You are involved with a upcoming singer, your face is all over the place, and in return, my career will suffer and I read an article that said I was a bad Mother. You know what that means.." River rolls his eyes, as Eve yells "If I see Latoya again, I'm busting that bitch." River tells his Mother "Leave her alone." Eve tells River "I will when she learns how to stay out of bed with my Son!" Eve storms out and River shakes his head in disgust. Downstairs in the lobby, Jermaine sits at the bar, as he tries to talk to Latoya and she tells her Father "I am on my own now. You are nothing to me. I did this by myself!" Jermaine looks at Latoya, with frustration and hurt in his eyes as he starts to cry "Latoya, you have lost your morals! You did something that is just unforgivable, and you can forget about seeing your Son again now that Aretha knows." Latoya yells "I don't care what happens to any of them Jermaine!" Jermaine yells "I'm your Dad!" Latoya yells "You were a sperm donor and had what, one hit? You're nothing to me so leave me alone!" Eve walks into the bar, and sees Latoya, and grabs her hair, and pulls her out of her chair and shrieks "Bitch I told you didn't I? Didn't I bitch?" Latoya yells "Leave me alone Eve!" Eve tears into Latoya, as she knocks Latoya to the floor and begins to punch Latoya in the face and screams "You evil bitch! If you come near my Son again, Sayyid Ross doesn't hold shit on me! Damn Sayyid should have killed your bitch ass!" Latoya swings at Eve, and Jermaine tries to break up the fight, and Eve yells "Jermaine Watts, you need to back the hell off. Since you can't control this whore. Let me show you how to do it right!" Eve pins Latoya's arms to the ground, and spits in her face, as she coldly tells her "You are nothing but a selfish, one track minded, sell out whoring her ass to the top Pop singer that would have her family killed to go for the top. Don't you ever come around my Son, and if you do, then I will personally put a bullet in your ass! Go to hell you piece of shit!" Eve gets up and snaps "Say something and I'll indent this heel in your face." Latoya gets up and wipes the blood from her face and yells at Eve "You have no class." Eve laughs "Class? I got more than you'll ever have. I also call my own shots. You're just a puppet bitch!" Eve storms out and Jermaine looks at his Daughter, as Latoya asks him "Why didn't you step in?" Jermaine looks at Latoya and tells his Daughter "You deserved that. Take a lesson from it." Jermaine walks out, and Latoya says to herself "I'm not scared of no damn body. Take me on. Try me."
   Meanwhile Keith has returned to his Home, and Sayyid sits on the couch, as he shines his guns and Keith asks his Father "Did you kill Latoya?" Sayyid laughs "I scared her. And she is on alert." Keith looks at his Father and asks him "Why did you beat up Dr.Del Mar? Was that your way of saying thank you?" Sayyid looks at Keith and tells him "Don't forget Keith that I work for Xavier Jackson. I didn't kill him, but he deserved that beating and I explained it to you." Keith looks at his Father and sighs "You don't forget nothing do you Father?" Sayyid looks at his Son and tells him "Keith Saleem Ross, you are alive, and I am thankful, but I know one thing, and that is taking care of bastards that step out of line. Pedro caused much pain, so I returned it. And if I hear anything else about Latoya, then she will get hers too. That bitch has it coming, and I hate to do it, I really do, from a babysitter, to a person nobody desires to be. Promise me you will keep your head on straight my Son." Keith looks at his Father, as Sayyid shines his guns, and promises him "I'm about to make my comeback, and next week Clarence will start back taping for The Next Icon, and then I'm making my album and dedicating it to Mama and Laila and Pentz." Sayyid looks at Keith and starts to cry, as he hugs his Son and says humbly "That means a lot to me Keith. And I know they would be honored."
At Clarence's office at CL Records, Clarence walks inside, as Molly and Nick are waiting for him, and Clarence looks at Molly and Nick with disgust, as Molly asks "What's wrong Clarence?" Clarence opens his phone and shows a picture to Molly and Nick and asks them "Have you checked the Gossiper?" Molly responds "I don't read that." Nick replies "I don't either." Clarence yells, as he shows them the picture "This could destroy the show! And it will be both of you that will pay for it!"
   At Allan's Suite at The Hills Hotel, Allan, Rich, Nathan, and J.B. have decided on their plans and all sign a piece of paper and Nathan's phone rings and it's his Mother and Nathan walks into the other room, and asks her "Are you safe?" Clair, who's in Adam's Landing, tells Nathan "All I'll tell you is I'm safe. I can't say nothing else." Clair hangs up the phone, as she stands at the front door of a house, and begins to knock before seeing a Pickup truck pull into the driveway, and a man, wearing a white cowboy hat, a button up shirt, and blue jeans, gets out and looks at Clair for a moment and asks "Claire?" Clair starts to cry, as she sees her Father, Floyd Jackson and runs into his arms, as Floyd looks at his Daughter's face and holds her, with anger in his eyes. Back in Los Angeles, Clint returns to his Mansion in Encino, and sits in his study, as he calls Tyrone again and asks him "Did you finish your job yet?" Tyrone still sits in his car, as he too is in Adam's Landing, in front of Sassy Shane's home and he sees Aretha walk outside, and tells Clint "I've got to go." Clint screams in anger in his Mansion. Meanwhile back in Adam's Landing, Aretha walks over towards Tyrone's car and Aretha looks inside, and she sees Tyrone, and opens the car door...

Next Week on The Industry:

Allan, Nathan, Rich, and J.B's plan goes in motion.
Clarence does damage control.
Eve meets with Sayyid.
Someone else may be gunning for Clint.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. EVERYTHING IS GETTING SO CONFUSING ! EVERYBODY IS OUT TO GET EVERYBODY ELSE ! HARD TO KEEP UP WITH WHO HATES WHO THE MOST !! LOL

    ReplyDelete